2019 Reading Goals
Happy New Year! 2018 was good to me, but my reading life was a little lackluster with everything else that happened.
The calendar page has flipped; wait a minute, I need to get out the new calendar. That’s better! I’ll revisit my 2018 Challenge and see how I did later on this month but for now I just want to put into place an outline for my reading life in 2019.
- 52 Books. A book a week is a good starting point for me. I have one book a month that is dedicated to the book club I am a part of, and I usually have 3-4 books going at one time.
- I want to continue to read diversely and beyond my go-to genres.
- I hope to chip away at my to-be-read stack. I’m not banning book buying, but I am being more selective about what I buy . It’s all about the backlist this year!
- Abandon books that feel like a chore. This is my fun – I shouldn’t have to struggle through my fun.
- Something bookish every day.
- Share more about what I am reading. Whether this be a conversation, blog post, Instagram picture, attempt to booktube or add video reviews – I want to share more of my of thoughts about what I am reading.
That’s it for now. It feels good to start fresh in the year; it’s so full of a possibility.
Currently Reading: Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover